Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Rain, Rain, Go Away!

I stayed up pretty late last night doing laundry and watching the Olympics (I'm a sucker for gymnastics), so 5:45 on my alarm came pretty darned early. I was trying hard to pull myself out of bed, when all of a sudden the skies opened up and it started torrentially downpouring. Now I'm not one to let the weather get in my way of exercising most of the time. I've run in icy cold Maine weather and in the Texas heat. Usually a little drizzle doesn't bother me. In fact, I've had some of my better runs when there's a cool rainfall coming down. But this? Combined with exhaustion? I just couldn't face. Of course the shower lasted only about 40 minutes or so, but it happened at the exact time I have to run. It's nice NOW, but that does me no good as I've got only a few minutes to get ready for work. I enjoyed the extra 20 minutes of sleep this AM, but I'm already planning on how to make up for it later tonight. I hear today is national burpee day...

No comments:

Post a Comment