Sunday, October 28, 2012

I May Have Caught Running Fever?

Something is definitely wrong with me. There is an impending hurricane striking our area any minute, I ran 18 miles yesterday, I could barely move this morning and only thanks to a yoga class can I even bend my legs, and yet... I'm sitting looking out my window wondering if I can squeeze in a short 5K before the rain comes. I've already done my required runs for the week, am feeling on track for the marathon, and now just want to do an extra run ... for fun? Who the hell have I become? I don't even really like running, but I do love being outside and I saw a few other people out running when I was coming home with a few supplies from the grocery store. Perhaps its just a normal reaction to the idea that I could be cooped up indoors for the next couple of days if there's flooding, or maybe I've just lost my damned mind and actually have reluctantly become a kind of person who runs... for fun. This might actually be a sign of the apocalypse. Be warned.

No comments:

Post a Comment