Thursday, February 2, 2012

Today's Exercise: Aaaaaand We're Back!

I did some yoga on Sunday, but haven't exercised since my big run on Saturday because of a nagging head cold. But today I finally got my butt back to the gym, and while I worked out hard, I feel pretty damned great.

I started with my torture session with my trainer Basil. He had me do lots and lots of curls, and one of his brilliant ideas was to have me in a full squat, with my butt way back and my back nice and straight, and then do curls in between my knees with the 30 pound bar and my hands super close together. Fun?!?!
He also found a way to make burpees more torturous, by having me told a medicine ball the entire time. Burpees are hard enough, but having to hold on to that little medicine ball, while kicking out was harder than it looked. Lifting it over my head and doing a squat was actually the easy part.

After I finished with that I headed to yoga, where she had us flowing really fast. Not a nice peaceful 9 PM class. But it was wonderful fun, and she even "rode me" during Bow pose (she likes to sit on people's feet and really stretch their shoulders up). It's actually awesome, like a massage.

So I worked up a good sweat, was happy to be able to breathe out of my nose and will probably be crawling tomorrow, but it will be worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment