Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Today's Exercise: "She Worked Me Out Hard"

I went to the gym tonight for a quick training session, while Isabel hung out in the kid gym for a bit. I got to work out with Kristin, the tiny little bit of a thing who loves to circuit train. Tonight's circuit was inverted lunges off of a stepper, regular knee to floor lunges across the gym with a weight bar on my shoulders, and then some squats. Repeat 4 times.

But the killer thing was her last fun exercise, she made the big guys move off of one of the scary looking pieces of metal that they do chinups and pulls ups on. She had me hop on it, put my arms in the pads and dangle and then pull my legs straight up. Sort of like a gymnast on the parallel bars (or at least that's what I told myself while I was doing it). I honestly didn't think I could do 10, but I ended up doing 40 (with breaks after each 10). Slowly but surely, I am definitely getting stronger.

The best part of my day though, was my kid telling me that her gym teacher "worked me out hard." Its something I say all the time, and she appreciates someone who puts them through the paces. She showed me the knee crunches and arm swings she had to do, and it was pretty adorable. She also proudly told my dad that she was training to do a run with me (looking for a kids 1K for her to do). She wants to race! I feel like I have inspired her, and that's all I ever really wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment