Sunday, March 4, 2012

Today's Exercise: Just a Few Crunches

Didn't have a ton of time to exercise today since I had my daughter all weekend, but I did drag her to the Kids Klub at the gym while I worked out with my trainer for a half an hour. My trainer Randi was more than willing to squeeze in hard workout for me that worked lots of body parts at once. Starting with some maniacal thing where you hold weights in your hand and jump up on to a step with one leg and then over to the other side. I'm terrible at explaining it, and it usually takes me like five tries doing it to even remotely get it right. Usually she has me without weighs, but today was a fun exception to the rule.

Then there were squats and bicep curls, except that she wanted me to do the squats and then go up on my toes. Sure, with 15 pound weights in each hand? That's totally fine. And then she just tortured my abs in a series of weighted leg lifts and crunches that made me nauseous (in the good way). Before she finally sent me on my way with the "great news" that she'd recently changed her hours and would be there on Sundays as well. So next Sunday, extra ab work for me, I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment