Sunday, March 25, 2012

This Week's Exercise: Phew! Are My Legs Tired

Didn't have a chance to sit and do my daily exercise round up, so figured I'd sum up this week.

Monday 3/19 - Chased after my daughter. Might not sound so hard, but she's six and was riding her bike at the time, for well over a mile. She looped four times around our apartment complex and expected me to keep up, and I did my damnedest. At one point I was ahead of her and she was shouting for me to go faster, and a neighbor laughed that I had a very tough trainer. Indeed.

Tuesday 3/20 - Training session with Kristin. I was complaining that I have actually gained half and inch in my arms, and that I haven't lost weight recently, despite my diet. Her solution. Just make me do a lot of reps of things really fast. She gets that little stopwatch out, hands me a 30 lb barbell and it was all downhill.

Thursday 3/21 - Another training session with Kristin, since she murdered my arms on Tuesday and they were like jelly, she switched to legs, with lots of weighted squats and some awful exercise that has the quaintly called good mornings. Who comes up with these things? Then I had some time to kill before yoga so I hopped on the elliptical machine for 30 minutes. Went to yoga, where Adrienne was obsessed with planks, and made us hold full wheel for what seemed like an eternity. Was mostly just happy that I didn't cave and drop to the ground during it.

Friday 3/22 - Just a quick half hour on the elliptical at home after I put my crazy kid to bed. I think that it appreciated being used for something other than holding my sweaty gym clothes.

Saturday 3/23 - Had plans to go for a bike ride, but seasonal allergies and damp weather dissuaded me from that. So after trying hard to hang with Isabel on the monkey bars for a little bit (I still can't do them, or a chin up, despite my best efforts), I ended up getting stuck doing some household stuff and missing the gym altogether. But I got a bit of a workout when I helped my friend (a girl scout troop leader) bring all her 30 odd boxes of cookies into her house (up a flight of stairs) and then after they were sorted back down into the car.

Sunday 3/24 - Got up for my 8:30 AM yoga class, and lots of high planks were in store. She also really had us moving, and much as I may grumble and sweat while doing them, I love when we really get into the flow. I nearly passed out unconscious during Shavasana, and was almost completely able to tune out the screaming spinning teacher from across the hall. Then I had a little break when I saw my weight loss consultant, and headed back to the gym for a training session with Randi. Of course I thought it was at 11 and it was at 11:30. So I went upstairs and ran on the dreaded treadmill for about 25 minutes. Still hate the treadmill. No change there. And when I got down to the training station, I was still huffing and puffing and Randi wanted to know if I was OK. When I told her I'd just run, she told me that was stupid. I love some brutal honesty. She had me do some upper body stuff, and then some things that involved me hopping on and off the stair stepper, finished off with some tricep dips. I unsurprisingly passed out cold immediately after I ate lunch.

Hoping for the week to come to focus a little less on weights, and a lot more on cardio, just as a weight loss experiment, so we'll see how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment