Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Am I a Tough Mudder?

Yesterday Living Social offered this deal where you'd get picked up in New York, driven to Vermont to stay at a hotel, oh and in the middle of the nice relaxing weekend do a Tough Mudder obstacle course. Three. THREE people sent this email to me. What the hell does that say about me? That all of my friends think I'm absolutely nuts?

Now I'm not going to lie. The idea of doing a Tough Mudder has crossed my mind a few times before, but until I work on gaining some more upper body strength, I don't see myself hoisting myself over giant walls, or crossing monkey bars 15 feet in the air over a freezing cold pool of water, or using ice picks to scale a wall. Maybe in a year or two. I think I'd like to start with some smaller mud runs (there are a million of them now) to work my way up to it. I have a bad tendency to jump in over my head (see my post about entering the marathon lottery, instead of just doing more 10Ks or something), and I'm trying really hard to be logical here. Before I end up getting electrocuted for fun. (Yes, that's an actual part of the course).

So I guess my friends were right to send me this, because it isn't out of the realm of possibility. It is on my to do list. Does that mean I've officially lost my mind?

No comments:

Post a Comment