Tuesday, April 3, 2012

What a Difference a Year Makes

A year ago today I started on my weight loss journey by meeting my LA Weight Loss consultant Danae. She's really changed my life, and the entire way I think about food and eating. That first day I saw her, I remember leaving shell shocked at the idea of doing a juice cleanse and cutting out a lot of fat, sugar and white starches from my diet. For a girl who lives on potatoes, this was a big attitude adjustment. And while there have been some hard moments, and some relaxed vacation moments filled with lots of adult beverages, this way of eating is just so much healthier than I could have ever imagined. And, in the course of the year I've lost close to 50 lbs. and lost almost as many inches off my body. It's really been an amazing mental and physical transformation. At 188 pounds, and a size 12, I'm the smallest I've been since college, and in way better shape than I've ever been in my life. I feel great and just love the empowered feeling of being able to do anything. It makes me want to hug Danae on a daily basis, since I couldn't have done it without her constant support and encouragement. She kept me motivated and found innovative ways to alter my eating during plateaus and weird workout schedules. I honestly can't wait to see what the next year brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment