Saturday, April 28, 2012

My Crazy Summer Event Schedule!

I didn't get into the New York Marathon, and while I was momentarily sad about that, I've quickly found plenty of ways to fill my time (and spend the money I had set aside for the race). I'm not planning on taking a real vacation this year (unless I win the lotto), so doing these events will keep me busy and give me plenty to look forward to, and keep my legs hurt just at the thought of all the training I have ahead of me.

Tour de Chocolate Town (June 3rd) -- a century ride (100 Miles) through Hershey, PA.

Rugged Maniac (July 14th)- Manalapan, NJ, A 5K Obstacle course that looks bananas.

Maine State Triathlon (August 5th)-- a nearly Olympic length triathlon in Bethel, ME. And I get to visit my parents.

Danskin Sprint Triathlon (September 9th) - A sprint triathlon in Sandy Hook, NJ. I did it last year and loved it (was my first "race" of any kind. Looking forward to finishing even faster this time!

Philadelphia Marathon (November 18th) -- My very first marathon. And my personal consolation "prize" for not getting into the NY Marathon.

There's a chance that I may do the NJ Tough Mudder the weekend of Oct. 20th and 21st. But that's ONLY if my brother signs up. I'd do that with him, but not alone. There's a lot of training ahead, plus plenty of hiking and other things (maybe even a relaxing day at the beach or two) but I'm looking forward to my crazy summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment