Saturday, March 2, 2013

March Madness: Day 1 -- Bootcamp and Hot Yoga

I've decided that for the month of March I'm going to try to exercise every single day, even if it is just for 30 minutes on the elliptical machine. It's my own fitness version of March Madness... with far less brackets.

I started out strong. Yesterday morning I got up at 5 am and went to my hourlong bootcamp class. Tara kicked my butt with a lot of twisted sit-ups and planks. So very many planks! Those nasty ones where you have to dip your hips from side to side are just plain evil.

Then last night I took a trial class at Pure Yoga on the Upper West Side in New York. It was quite a lovely place, and the class was a hip-opening extravaganza. My personal favorite thing. I enjoyed the heated room and the hour and 15 minutes of various hip stretches. I was dripping and disgusting, but the spa like environment made me feel a little better about my disheveled state. A class with 50+ people was a big switch from my beloved Thursday night yoga with Adrienne, with a class with four or five people and a teacher who gives constant adjustments and even sits on me to get me into the proper position.

Still, it was good to try new things, and I'm glad that I got my March plan off to a good start with 2 hours and 15 minutes of exercise.


No comments:

Post a Comment