Friday, March 8, 2013

March Madness - Day 8: Bootcamp, Shoveling and I Just Keep Rolling Along

The continued challenges of my "March Madness" quest to exercise every single day in the month

Started the day at 5:20 AM with a little bit of cleaning my car off. All that threatened snow finally started sticking. Only a couple of inches, and it was wet so it cleaned off pretty easily, but it still made me about three minutes late for bootcamp.


Apparently I only missed some jumping jacks, but I hopped in just in time to do the second round of mountain climbers and jumping jacks. Then Tara threw some medicine balls at us (mine she almost literally chucked in my direction) and we learned that none of her regulars are good with balancing on those balls. I was fine with doing squats and chucking the med balls in the air, but trying to do push-ups off of the ball is harder than it may seem. So we switched to just some regular weighted squats and did a whole bunch of core exercises and other things I can't even remember at this point. 

All I do remember is that at one point my trainer came over to check on me because she thought I looked wiped out. I told her I was just tired from yesterday's double work out, but she was worried that I wouldn't make it through. Even the other regulars thought I seemed off. But I did make it through. Although when we walked out of the gym they were playing a weird version of <I>Wicked</I>'s "Defying Gravity" and I had to check with the two other girls I was walking out with to make sure I wasn't hallucinating (the gym usually gears to more standard Top 40 fare). 

After I got home from work, I had to do another round of shoveling, and was so like in the zone that I even did the spot around my sweet neighbor's car (she's older and all hunched over, but just so nice and always gives Isabel cookies). Our spots aren't particularly big, so it only took me 15 minutes or so. 

Then I picked up the World's Cutest Personal Trainer and we went out to the mall to do some shopping. We had to go all around to find the perfect gifts for some special friends who have birthday's coming up. 

When we finally got home, I realized that everything was vaguely sore. I got out my new-ish foam roller and did my back and shoulders (i'd only done my hamstrings and quads last week when I got it). Oh man, it hurts SO good. I may be vaguely obsessed with it. 

Naturally Isabel read all of the instructions and told me how to do all the exercises. Then she gave it a whirl herself, she had "work out her booty." Now I'm ready to curl up and sleep, but glad that I got the second week off to a strong start. 

Day 7
Day 6
Day 5
Day4

No comments:

Post a Comment