Monday, March 18, 2013

March Madness - Day 14, 15, 16, 17: Training, Walking, MagiQuest and Nothing At All





The continued challenges of my "March Madness" quest to exercise every single day in the month.

It's the middle of the month and my energy is clearly waning. Not only for blogging, but also for doing actual workouts. It didn't help matters that I had my Sunday weigh-in with my nutritionist and it didn't go well. The great stuffing of my face of 2012 (see the last post's food confession) didn't help. But Monday starts a new week and a juice cleanse… so hopefully that'll get me back on track.

Thursday - March 14th
I didn't do my normal double trouble Thursday workout of Training with Tara at the crack of dawn and yoga at night, because yoga got cancelled. But I still did a pretty tough training session that ended with these cruel leg raises where you laid on your back and then lift your legs, and then make a diamond shape in the air with them. I am terrible at describing this stuff, but let's just say they were pretty painful and they worked out some lower ab muscles I wasn't sure existed.

I ended my day trying out a few yoga poses I saw on Tumblr… this was as bad of an idea as it sounds. Thankfully I stopped before I dislocated something.

Friday - March 15th
Early morning bootcamp, which was really funny for some reason. Everyone was joking around and I had gotten a full night's sleep (almost 6 whole hours!) so I was up and at 'em. It was burpee heavy, and that was great. But then she had us doing these hopping things where you raise a knee in front of you and then put it down and raise the same knee out to the side. Let's just say, my Lord of the Dance impression was part of the day's amusements.

After work I was going to my friend's house to see her baby and do some shopping, and they live on the upper west side. It wasn't appallingly cold out, so I decided that I'd walk from my office in midtown, and cut through Central Park. It was beautiful to meander down the Writer's Walk and by the lake. Probably only about a mile and a half and took me about 15 minutes longer than it would have if I'd gone to the subway, but it was well worth it. A nice stress-relieving way to end the week.

Saturday - March 16th
I had every intention of getting up and going for a run, but I had missed my normal bus home on Friday and ended up taking the late/drunk bus (which is no fun if you aren't drunk) and not getting home until close to 2 AM. So I got to bed about 3 and then when my alarm when off at 7, I just couldn't muster the energy. This does not bode well for my personal spring training…

I picked Isabel up at 8:30, we headed to the city because I had to go see a movie screening of The Croods for work. Well, didn't HAVE to, but I love taking my kid to free movies when I can make it work with my schedule. I told her that we could either walk there or back, it was close to 2 miles, but I knew she could do it. She opted to walk to the theater, so we trekked up to Lincoln Center. It was a chilly but sunny day, and my cute model did some posing and didn't even complain that her legs were tired.

After the movie we went back to NJ, then met quickly with her uncle for lunch and headed off to a MagiQuest birthday party. I thought that I'd just get to sit around while she played, but she wanted me to help her. This meant that I basically ran around in circles at MagiQuest for an hour. We covered some serious ground, especially as she got the hang of it and started picking up the pace.

Sunday- March 17th
We were planning to go for a run as the World's Cutest Personal Trainer and I are doing a 1 mile race next month (she picked it because it goes around the mall parking lot). But when we woke up, it was frigid outside. I don't mind subjecting myself to runs on ridiculously cold days, but I felt like asking my kid to do laps at the outdoor track in sub-freezing temps with a crazy windchill was just too much.

So we stayed in and snuggled, then went to my Weight Loss Miracle Worker and found out that the scale was up… significantly after the last two weeks. Isabel told me that according to The Biggest Loser, I should try to lose weight not gain it (yeah, thanks), and that she was going to train me and even make me dinner on Monday (we shall see how THAT goes). You'd think this would have motivated me to do something, and it might have, but then Isabel had to sell Girl Scout cookies to get her booth sale badge and we froze outside for two hours.

After I thawed out, I had a headache and just general exhaustion, so I diagnosed myself with needing a break and prescribed an afternoon and evening of resting. Even the World's Cutest Personal Trainer passed out on the couch at 7 PM, which is very early for her. Who knew selling cookies in the cold was such hard work.

I've got high hopes for the next week, and am disappointed in myself for getting off track, but trying not to get totally discouraged. Instead, I'm grabbing my Excederin (because as I write this Monday AM, that head ache hasn't gone away), my juice from Danae and a ton of veggies and hoping to turn this bus around before it goes back to chubby land.


No comments:

Post a Comment