Sunday, March 3, 2013

March Madness - Day 2: Does Carrying Girl Scout Cookies Count?

I know that the month JUST started, and I've somehow already fallen off the wagon, both in terms of exercising AND blogging. Ugh. But I've learned in my health and fitness journey that it is important not to let one meal, or one missed day set a trend. Better to just promise to do better tomorrow. And that's what I'll do.

Now why didn't I get in real exercise? Well, I got up in the morning and couldn't move at all. I had gotten home from my double day of workouts and it was like 1 in the morning. I set the alarm gamely for 6:30, and was ready to go running or spinning, but I was just worn out. Sometimes, sleep is an important thing. So I laid in bed until I could move my insanely sore oblique muscles. Even though it hurt all day long to cough.

And then my day was a whirlwind of kid-friendly stuff. From taking her to a birthday party 40 minutes away, then rushing back to get to the girl scout pick up. Then lugging 11 boxes of cookies in and out of the car, up stairs, into the elevator, into my apartment, sorting them and then lugging more out of the house and off to their various destinations. Then back out of the car and to people. It's a lot more work than I thought, even though those boxes are light.

And then we had some unexpected company (people hear Girl Scout cookies and they come running), which was delightful, but by the time that our friends left, I barely was able to tuck her into bed before I passed out myself. Even though I was willing myself to go on the elliptical.

Moral of the story: Do the sucky early AM if you are tired, even if you don't want to and are sore... otherwise you'll be trying to figure out how to calculate cookie carrying, and that's not on any app I have.

Day 1

No comments:

Post a Comment