Wednesday, January 18, 2012

I'm On the Juice

There haven't been any exercise posts in the last couple of days, and that's because I'm in the middle of my two day juice cleanse. The LA Weight Loss "Take Off" isn't just a liquid diet (thank god), its juice coupled with a small amount of protein and unlimited vegetables of the green variety. And my wonderful consultant advised me to "go easy" on the exercise for the few days while I was doing this. I think she's afraid I might pass out at the gym due to the low calories. So, despite my stubborn nature, I listened, and just opted to do a few crunches and extra flights of stairs for these two days.

The first few times I did this cleanse, I thought I'd barely make it, but I really love the way the detox makes me feel afterwards. I can almost feel myself getting lighter. Sure I stare at the tourists scarfing down Ben & Jerry's cones under my office building like they are rare creatures in a zoo. Sure I looked at my daughter's pizza last night with a distinct longing. Sure I start staring at the Subway sandwich product placements on <I>The Biggest Loser</I> and think they might actually taste good. But it is only a few days. And hopefully, the results will show on the scale on Sunday. Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment