Thursday, January 12, 2012

Today's Exercise: Doubled Up

Last week I had this idea that I could do a training session and go straight to my power yoga class. Let's just say that after the insane workout with my trainer's trainer, I was dead. And I had a birthday party to plan. So I didn't make it to yoga. I did go to power yoga with my favorite teacher Adrienne on Sunday, and dragged my brother along, but since the class was packed with a bunch of new people she kind of went easy on us. It's wrong that I was disappointed by that, right?

Anyway, so on to tonight. I decided to do the same thing, and went to my normal trainer's trainer again... and made it until the last minute before feeling so dizzy and nauseous that I wanted to throw up. A mild improvement! Took a 20 minute rest before going to my power yoga class and got my ass kicked by Adrienne, who was back in her regular kick ass form. The trainer mostly had me doing squats, so some of the lovely warrior positions didn't feel exactly what you'd call great, but I totally survived. And I feel slightly badass. Next time, maybe I'm thinking of adding a relaxing swim to the mix... glutton for punishment that I am.

Thankfully, I've got Kelly Clarkson's "What Doesn't Kill You (Stronger)" stuck on repeat to help me through the pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment