Saturday, January 21, 2012

Today's Exercise: I Was Not The ONLY Idiot at the Gym This Morning

We had a little overnight snowstorm here in Jersey (though I went to bed at 2 AM and it hadn't started yet, so probably more like early morning snowstorm). But I'm trying hard to stick to my running training schedule, so I had to get that Saturday run in somehow. So even though I hate the treadmill with a passion, I trekked to the gym. I was slightly worried that they wouldn't be open (they usually open at 8), but when I got there at 8:15, the place was actually pretty busy with at least 200 people there. Other crazies, so I felt right at home.

I did about 2 miles on the treadmill, before I remembered that I hate the treadmill with a passion. Give me outdoors and hills and random traction, rather than trying not to fall off a piece of machinery, while worrying that the guy behind me is staring at my jiggly butt.

I switched over and did 15 minutes on the rowing machine (as I can actually tolerate), and then headed back out into the snow. Leaving the rest of the crazies to finish their workouts.

Oh, and the best part? I got an amazing parking spot for the first time ever at that gym.

No comments:

Post a Comment