Sunday, January 22, 2012

Today's Exercise: I Think I Might Be Crazy

I had Isabel today, so I couldn't really get in a full workout (since the gym's daycare was closed). But we did find a power yoga episode on Demand from one of the fitness channels, and I did that, while Isabel tried alongside me griping that warrior 3 was hard. Watching her was quite distracting, so not sure I got the best workout, but it was better than nothing and at least it was fun.

But back to me being crazy. We drove out to Brooklyn to visit some friends and go to a going away party, and along the West Side Highway in Manhattan, and along the Belt Parkway in Brooklyn, there are these gorgeous well-kept bike and walking paths. Despite yesterday's snow storms, these paths were cleared and were getting quite a bit of use. There were plenty of people happily jogging and biking along, and while I may gripe about being in the cold, I experienced a sense of jealousy. All I could think of was how I would love to be bopping along the West Side Highway. I actually WANTED to be running. And was itching to be out on my bike (though my bike is the furthest thing from winterized). I keep saying that I've yet to experience that elusive runner's high that people talk about. But yet, for the first time, I willingly wanted to be out running. Not just because of my training, but because I think while I might actually enjoy it a little bit? Who knew that would ever happen. I still gripe and complain in my head while I'm doing it, but when I'm not out doing it, I wish that I was. So obviously, I've come to the conclusion that I've completely lost my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment