Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Today I Am M

 I got a sweater for the holidays from Ann Taylor Loft, and while it was a size Large, it was enormous. Even though the style was slouchy, it was really like I was swimming in it. So I headed back to the store to exchange it, they didn't have that same sweater, but I had Isabel with me yesterday as we picked out a new sweater. She was so excited that it was an "M", and even happily told my mother that mommy got an "M". I had to explain to my mom that this meant Medium.

I realize that Ann Taylor Loft sizes tend to be cut on the generous side, but still, I can't even remember the last time I had a shirt that was a medium. I thought for me the big milestone was getting a shirt that didn't have an X in front of it, but somehow one that doesn't have an L involved at all is even sweeter than I could have imagined. And it is reassuring that while the scale has been stubborn the last few week's, all this hard work has really been paying off as I'm toning and shrinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment