Friday, January 6, 2012

Today in Exercise: January 5, 2012

I guess technically it was yesterday in exercise, but was busy making goody bags for my daughter's class, as tomorrow is her birthday. So I'm just posting now, and I did just one grueling training session with a trainer at the gym. He's my normal trainer's trainer. And she's always saying that he's tough. She was not exaggerating. I am always gung-ho and am not the kind to beg for a water break, but I honestly thought I was going to pass out at one point. His focus was on shoulders, biceps and triceps, and my favorite drill (also known as the one that nearly left me dead on the gym floor) was one where he gave me hand weights, had me bend over, walk my hands out with the weights (keeping my feet still and hip distance apart), do a push up, walk my hands/weights back in, stand up, do bicep curls while doing a deep squat. 20 times. Yeah. It's the first time in my two months of training that I have not been able to complete something because my body just physically caved at 18. (And yes, I'm sure it has a technical drill, but I'm just going to call it The Killer). I almost went to power yoga afterwards, but I just had too much birthday stuff to do, so next week, I'll give that double whammy combo a whirl.

No comments:

Post a Comment