Friday, January 20, 2012

Today's Exercise: I Think My Trainer and Yoga Instructor Are In Cahoots

Last night I did my personal training session with the always crazy Basil. You know, he's the guy who trains my trainer. And the guy who always has my ears ringing by the end of the session because I'm working out so much. That guy. So I'm close to the end of doing this grueling regiment that includes some sort of weight thing called a woodchopper (where you take a 20 lb. weight and swing it like an ax), and then those awful things where you hold two weights in your hands and do pushups (in increasing increments), stand and do pressups, and then some deadlifts for good measure, when my yoga instructor walks by. At first she sees Basil and says a friendly hello, and then she notices me. It's about five minutes before class (and five minutes before my personal training torture ends) and she stares at me and says, "you'd better be coming to class." I grunt that I am but I might not be able to move my arms, as I was in the middle of a series of deadlifts. She and Basil both laugh, and Adrienne assures me that I will be able to do yoga. And I did. After a rough few vinyasas, I actually felt like the room wasn't spinning and made it through class. And, I almost managed to get myself into the <a href="http://www.yogajournal.com/poses/468" target="_blank">crow/crane pose</a> (which I've been working on). I only held it for about three seconds before I actually fell on my ass and Adrienne laughed, but it was a step in the right direction. My arms may be super sore this morning (typing was a taxing proposition last night at 10:30 when I got home) but I can see some muscle definition finally starting to happen. Or at lest that's what I'm telling my self to make the pain all worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment