Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Today's Exercise: The New Girl

Went to the gym tonight for a quick training session, but neither of my regular two trainers were available, so I had to pick someone else from their list of trainers. I selected a sweet looking girl named Kristen, petite blonde girl who I've seen smiling nicely when I checked in. Yeah. She's a hardass. I should have known. She had me do circuits of four exercises, doing them for a length of time and then breaking for a few seconds. Standard stuff -- squats with weights, mountain climbers etc... Then she switched to a different four exercises - bench presses, push-ups, bicep curls and then the worst thing she could think of -- dynamic planks. Where you are on your elbow in plan position, then stay in that position while you plant your hands and push up. After 50 bicep curls, 50 bench presses and 35 push-ups, this is quite the challenge. I'm sure I'll feel it tomorrow. But more than a good workout, I learned a valuable lesson -- never underestimate the tiny blonde girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment